COMICS FOR SOLDIERS IS NOT ACCEPTING COMIC BOOK DONATIONS AT THIS TIME.
1. Are their any requirements for how I ship my comics?
- No, there are no requirements for how you ship your comics. We recommend using the United States Postal Service’s flat rate boxes. They have several different sizes that are a set price. This is usually cheaper than placing the comics in your own box.
2. Do you accept graphic novels?
- We accept comic books, Manga, paperback books, graphic novels (hardback is fine), and many other reading materials. Anthologies, single issues, and one-shots are all accepted. There are many soldiers with varying interests so including a variety in the boxes helps make everyone happy.
3. Should I remove my comics from their plastic sleeves?
- It is not necessary to remove your comics from their sleeves. We actually like to send the comics this way because it gives them some protection while they are passed from soldier to soldier. The longer they last they more they get read.
4. Should I make a monetary donation or send a box of comics?
- Both comic books and monetary donations are needed. We need comic books to send out but also rely on monetary donations to pay for the shipping. If you would like to make a monetary donation check out our GoFundMe page.
5. Are donations to Comics for Soldiers tax deductible?
- Donations to Comics for Soldiers are not tax deductible. All donations, both monetary and comic book, are considered personal gifts.